Ever since I moved to South Carolina two years ago, I have become obsessed with pimento cheese, more specifically Palmetto Cheese with Jalepenos! I've always wanted to make some of my own and last week, finally decided to try it!
Of course, I wanted to try and add my signature favorite ingredient - Wickles! I added Wickles Pickles to my tuna salad, but for the pimento cheese I wanted to add some Wicked Okra to give it just the right kick.
When I cook, I'm never very good at using accurate measurements and kind of just "wing it" until it tastes right. I found some recipes on Pinterest for pimento cheese and bought ingredients based on what I found and what I like.
How I Made It:
- Block of cheddar cheese - I kept reading that it tastes so much better to shred your own cheese and I can attest, I even have the cut on my thumb to prove it!
- Block of Montery Jack - I used only about half of this block and saved the rest for later- Montery Jack is one of my favorites!
- Mayo - two big spoonfuls
- Cream cheese - also, two big spoonfuls
- Jar of pimento peppers - dice up and add about half the jar
- Jar of diced jalepenos - dice and add about half the jar, and maybe some of the juice too
- Jar of Wicked Okra - again, dice and add about half the jar (I'm excited that I still have a lot of these things left over to make again!)
- Salt & Pepper
I love that I now have a huge bowl of pimento cheese (ok so maybe it's a little dangerous) but it's also a great item for showing some Southern hospitality and share with neighbors and friends!